Whiplash is a common injury that occurs when the neck is forcefully whipped back and forth, causing damage to the soft tissues of the neck and upper back. The symptoms of whiplash can vary from person to person, but they often include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and dizziness. In this blog post, we will explore how long whiplash injury can last without proper chiropractic treatment.
Whiplash Symptoms and Treatment
The symptoms of whiplash can appear immediately following an injury or may take several hours or even days to develop. Common symptoms include:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Blurred vision
- Shoulder pain
- Back pain
- Tingling or numbness in the arms or hands
If left untreated, the symptoms of whiplash can persist for weeks, months, or even years, and can lead to chronic pain and discomfort.
Chiropractic Treatment for Whiplash
Chiropractic treatment can be an effective approach for treating whiplash injuries. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to help reduce pain, improve range of motion, and promote healing. Some common chiropractic treatments for whiplash include:
- Spinal Adjustments: Chiropractic physician at SpineCore chiropractic can perform spinal adjustments to help realign the spine and reduce pressure on the nerves in the neck and upper back.
- Soft Tissue Therapy: Our doctor may use soft tissue therapy, such as cupping therapy or trigger point therapy, to help relieve tension and improve circulation in the muscles and tissues surrounding the neck and upper back.
- Rehabilitation Exercises: Our chiropractor may also recommend specific exercises to help improve range of motion and strengthen the muscles in the neck and upper back.
- Lifestyle Changes: Chiropractic physician at SpineCore chiropractic may also recommend lifestyle changes, such as changes in diet and exercise habits, to help promote overall health and reduce the risk of further injury or damage to the neck and upper back.
Duration of Whiplash Symptoms Without Treatment
The duration of whiplash symptoms can vary from person to person and depends on the severity of the injury. Without proper chiropractic treatment, the symptoms of whiplash can last for months or even years. In some cases, the symptoms may become chronic, leading to ongoing pain and discomfort.
Whiplash is a common injury that can cause a range of symptoms, including neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and dizziness. If left untreated, the symptoms of whiplash can persist for months or even years, leading to chronic pain and discomfort. Chiropractic treatment can be an effective approach for treating whiplash injuries, helping to reduce pain, improve range of motion, and promote healing. If you have been involved in an accident or have experienced whiplash symptoms, consult with a chiropractic physician at SpineCore chiropractic to discuss treatment options and strategies for managing your symptoms.